Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!



Happy Fathers Day!!! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful father. He has taught me so much over the last 24 years! I have had a chance to reflect (and bawl my eyes out) as I pick a song to dance with my dad for the reception.  He has always been such an involved dad, and willing to do anything for his kids. When we were little we used to have daddy daughter dates, and I looked forward to those every time they came around. Another fun thing my dad and I used to do was make spice pictures. I would choose a page out of the coloring book. Dad would put the glue in each section, then we would use all my mom's different spices to create our masterpiece. Thanks dad for all the fun times, the adventures, your patience, your perseverance, and love. You mean the world to me. 


I also couldn't go without saying thank you to my soon to be father-in-law. He has raised four great children, one of whom I am lucky enough to be marrying. He has taught Taylor about hard work, having goals, and the importance of family. It has been fun to get to know him over the last little bit. Thanks Scott for being a great father! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh the good ole spice pictures :) Definitely a tradition to carry on- We have been blessed with such a wonderful father!!