Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Realizations of Reality

Kelsey and Grant packed up their moving truck this weekend, and are currently headed into the large abyss we call Texas. I was talking to my mom today, trying to cure her of her depressed state as she realizes that this is the first of many moves over the next few months. First Kels and Grant moving to Texas, Taylor and I moving to Kansas in July, and Robbie moving to Provo sometime in August. Oh, the life of an empty nester. It's wierd to think that we will all be so spread out. Kels and I will only be 5 hours apart, but for the past few years we have only been 20 minutes apart. Today I called her at 6:45 am hoping to talk to her before she took off. She didn't answer. And still hasn't called me back. It was a realization that she is no longer just a few minutes away. Now I will have to rely on the phone and her blog to keep me updated. I also thought I'd be here when Rob went to BYU. I dreamed about having him over for Sunday dinners and going to his Hockey games. Last night as I put on my BYU Hockey shirt for bed, I realized that I might not get to see him play any games. I got kinda sad. I guess we have all done some realizing here in the past little while. You realize that life changes, people change and go on adventures, and things dreamed up in your head rarely come to fruition. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining one ounce. I wouldn't change my life right now for anything. Absoultley nothing. You just realize that all the changes you once anticipated are reality, and sometimes that bites.

3 comments:

Kelsey Kamauu said...

Yes Linds, I completely understand :) Life is hard - (I realize now its hard more of the time than less) and changes and moves are tough but we just have to be thankful for all of our blessings and opportunities and the things that happen along our way...the time we get to be with our family becomes THAT much better, and we learn a lot about who we really are - so think happy thoughts (which of course you are I am sure - in fiance world) :) But I am still going to hold on to the fact that my kids are going to babysit your kids... ha ha ha someday right? Oh ya and do you "skype"? It has SAVED me from feeling like I am really out in the middle of the ocean - forever far away :) It is talking online where you can see each other - :) Love ya!

Kacey said...

all my besties are moving away...
my friend angie moved to texas, shannon to arizona, my friend jenny to DC, elisabeth will be in new york soon, and now you to kansas! who am i supposed to be friends with? :(

Tyson and Courtney said...

I completely agree! I'm going through those same feelings right now. I wouldn't change a thing about my life. I love Tyson and Colter, I've loved our time in San Fran, and I'm starting to get excited to move to Arizona, but I always thought I'd grow up living within 20 mintutes of my mom and sisters and I still cry sometimes when I think about the fact that I may never live close to them again. I agree with Kelsey, Skype is a lifesaver!