Sunday, May 3, 2009


(Goodbye beautiful mountains. At least we
captured you in our engagement pictures!)


In about two months this blog will be shut down. You can follow the happenings of the McFarlands at themcfarlandteam.blogspot.com. It will be private, so if you want to be able to see all of our adventures in Kansas make sure to text, call, email or post a comment with your email address so I can send you an invite! Have no fear, I still havea about two months, so you'd better believe that I'm going to innundate this dang website with my 2 cents!

The past 5 days have been so much fun. Here's why:

Wednesday: Stacy (My wonderful future mother in law) was in town so we met her in Salt Lake for dinner. I always order the wrong thing, and then regret it, but Tay let me have some of his (isn't he wonderful?).

Thursday: I headed up to Park City for my last round of meetings for the associates program. All the meetings have been about improving our classrooms, schools, and school district. These two days we focused on change. I found it so perfectly fitting. An answer to prayer. There are many changes happening for me this summer. I'm not nervous one ounce about getting married. It's the picking up and leaving everything I've ever known part that kind of gets me thinking. This is what I learned at my meeting:
  • Change is a journey and not a blueprint.
  • It's not that we're so in love with the old ways or afraid of change, but it's that place in between trapezes. it's the part in the middle that frightens us. It's like Linus when his blanket is in the dryer. There's nothing to hold on to.
I'm excited for a change. I couldn't do it if I wasn't going with my best friend.

Friday: Slept in, took a nice hot shower, went to my meetings, was done by two, got a pedicure. I went up to Ogden and met Taylor for his dinner break. I hung out at Brianne's hous with her two cute kids.

Saturday: Taylor's cousins threw me an amazing Pampered Chef Bridal shower. I seriously got SO MUCH stuff. It was fun to meet everyone and I couldn't be more excited to be a part of the family. Thanks Kara and Brianne! After that I went to Ronna's to finish my veil. I absolutely LOVE IT. It's a short little birdcage veil with feathers and rhinestones. I ended up staying at Ronnas. Erin and I convinced her that we needed pizza and a movie. We had a girls night, and even though I live 15 minutes away, we had a little sleepover. Gotta love cousins.

Sunday: Went to my cousin's baby blessing. Baby Bridgette is so cute. She seriously does not cry. I learned something about my family (well, I think I've always known this but..): At the blessing there was a ton of my Uncle Dave's family and only a handful of my family (Gina's family), but I'm not kidding my family is SO LOUD! You wouldn't have even known the Murphy's were there with how loud we are. Love it!

Now I'm home relaxing. Only 3 more Mondays of school. Hard to beleive, kinda a relief. Then good ole' summer school starts. Did I mention that this week I have my bridal pictures, cake testing, more school meetings, and I'm flying home on Friday. Crazy, crazy, life.

11 comments:

The Skousens said...

I want to be able to see what is going on with you still!!! My e-mail address is inora84@gmail.com

I'm so excited for you Linds!!! By the way, I love the picture of you and Taylor with the mountains behind...you both really make such a cute couple!!!

B&K said...

please send an invite :-) rebekahkamauu@gmail.com

Jenna said...

I'd love to keep reading all about your adventures. jenna at jennacole.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay - I want to be able to read your new blog. Katie and Patrick are regular readers too :) My email is lbell927@gmail.com. Love, Lori

Leslee said...

Please add us:)
sitton42{at}gmail
I have to stay caught up with your new life in a new place!

Tyson and Courtney said...

You will miss those mountains, I miss them all the time! What a gorgeous picture to remember them by! I'd love an invite to your new blog to stalk you as a married woman! tyncourt@gmail.com

Susan said...

I thought I added mine yesterday... I am a dork and didn't I guess. Would love to keep up on what you two are doing! And I can't wait to see you Saturday!
lookhartphotography@gmail.com

Jamie said...

Hey Lindsay~ Its Jamie Williams. I ran across your blog and wanted to say hi. I was glad to see you on New Year's Eve. So excited to hear that you are getting married. Would love to be able to see your next blog too. My email address is jamiewilliams@clearwire.net. Hope all is well. ~Jamie~

STAYC said...

Lindsay! I'd love to keep up on your blog still! my email is staycsmith@gmail.com
Hope you are doing well!

Fullmer Frontier said...

I'd love an invite. It's nice to see what's been going on with you.
fullmerfrontier@gmail.com

Allie Horton Fullmer

Marce said...

hey love! i haven't had the chance to tell you yet, congratulations on your engagement! how exciting. seems like BLISS!!! and HAPPILY EVER AFTER :) love it.

and, i'd love to keep up on what's goin on with you...can i be invited..please? marcichapman@gmail.com

can't wait to hear how the wedding goes!