Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break...More Like Winter Break.


Spring break has been wonderful...and very busy. Easter started it all off with a bang. I spent the weekend up in Ogden. Went to church with Bri, Court, Kara and Brandon, had amazing dinner courtesy of Pam and Co., played outside in the fleeting sunshine, and played the Wii (yes, I did beat Taylor in bowling). Let's just say Doubles Tennis is not our best sport.

Monday we took our engagement pictures. Four hours and nearly 500 pictures later, we were beyond satisfied with how they turned out, and starving. Taylor had heard rumors about 5 buck pizza, "You can get all the toppings you want for $5?" They closed at 9, and we knew we couldn't make it to Ogden by then, so we called ahead and picked it up in Layton. Taylor ate as I drove, and tried to feed me a few bites. We were that hungry.

Tuesday we hung out, finished registering, and went to Kels' dance show. It was great, and Taylor was a great sport for going with me. I must admit he offered to go with me, but may change his mind in the future. I mean, it can be shocking if you've never seen guys in tights.

Wednesday I got my oil changed, learned that I need new tires, learned that they are going to cost me about $800, and stressed about it all day. Met the lady that's going to make my veil. I also got my engagement pictures, and LOVE them even more than I thought I would. I was also in charge of the barbeque for my ward. I wondered how many people would want to endure a barbeque in the snow, but when you feed them, they will come. It was a success.

Thursday I woke up to about 5 inches of snow. Yes, snow in April. So much for Spring Break, it feels more like Christmas. Went to the gym, kinda overdid it I think. I met my dear friend Kacey at Jason's Deli. Ran some errands. Spent 2 hours scanning old pictures with Kelsey for my grandparent's 50th aniversary in June. And now am preparing for a cousin sleepover. Movies, painting nails, pizza, and no boys allowed. Sounds fun to me.

Only 3 more days of break. Somehow I don't think I'll really be able to rest. It's been a BUSY, BUSY, BUSY, "Winter" break!

1 comment:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Oh man, nothing that exciting -- we're just moving in less than 2 weeks (our lease here is up) and just finalized the decision a few days ago. Sorry to disappoint:) I had accidentally hit publish before writing the actual post...oops!
P.S. Your engagements are AMAZING! You are so gorgeous! I loved seeing you and was totally bummed that it was for such a short time. Dang. We're looking to come up for the 4th, so maybe we can work it to be there on the 27th...I've always loved Salt lake in June:)