Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Memorial Weekend to Remember

Taylor and I had been planning since March to go and visit his parents in northern California. I was so excited. I have been to Southern California more times than I can count, so this was going to be an adventure. Plus, spending 5 days with Taylor was reason enough to go. 

It was a long drive, but we stopped at In and Out to refuel. It was delicious! 
Friday we woke up early and headed to San Francisco with Tay's parents and his sister. I was excited to go to San Francisco. We went to Golden Gate Park, walked around Haight Ashbury, went on campus, and went to Pier 39. Despite the freezing cold and ridiculous wind, it was such a blast! It was a day well spent. 
Saturday we woke up early (again) because Taylor was determined to beat Megan at a game of tennis. Tay is one of those people who can do anything he tries. Isn't it annoying? I was the designated photog, and sat on the sidelines and took pictures. 

After the fabulous bridal shower that Taylor's mom's friends threw for me, we went out to the lake. We wakeboarded and got rocked on the tube. Let's just say Taylor's dad took us for quite a ride. One run and I was done! 
Sunday we went to church, looked at old pictures of Taylor growing up, talked wedding plans, and just relaxed. We ate a scrumptious dinner of Tri-tip and rolls, baked potatoes, salad, and dessert. We packed up and tried to mentally prepare ourselves for the long drive home. 


Monday morning we got ready to leave. It was quite the task because we had lost Taylor's cell phone and sunglasses. We cut our losses and just left. We made it to the gas station down the road and realized we had the keys to the suburban. We had to drive back home. Then we decided to go to the storage unit and look for the missing items in the boat. No luck. Then we headed out again. 15 minutes into the drive Tay's parents called to say they had found them. We drove back to get them, and then left again for the 3rd time. An hour and a half later, we were finally on our way. 

It was such a nice relaxing weekend, and I am excited to go back in four weeks! I love my new family and all the "McFarland Adventures" we had over the weekend. Let's just say we were never short on laughs and fun. Thanks Scott and Stacy! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like fun! And about the cold weather... I'm wishing we had a bit of that about now :) Love ya!

Kelsey Kamauu said...

what a great trip! - p.s. you always have the cutest outfits :) Anyway, thats great you got to spend time with Taylor's family AND got to eat in-and-out! Love that food. I agree with kels- I am missing that cold wind...seriously

Amber said...

What a fun weekend. I wish that I was taking a trip to California about now... actually I take it back. I don't want a trip anywhere except to the nearest hospital to get this kid outta me!! The big day is approaching. I can't wait to see you in your beautiful dress. You look gorgeous!